Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Carnage in the city...


Just so all 5 readers of this blog (and I think that number pretty much includes your Dear Salonnières) will know, Poor E was involved in a desperate accident in which she was struck by a car while crossing the street. Fear not though, kind readers--I recently spoke with her on the phone and she seems perfectly fine except that she doesn't remember anything about the accident and giggles a lot, apparently especially in church at weddings during HOLY COMMUNION, which reminds me to ask E for some of whatever pain meds she's on if she has any left over, since, I'll have what she's having, if you know what I mean...

So anyway, E, I would never suggest that this accident was in any way your fault, and I'm sure the odd person here in Atlanta runs a stop sign now and again (although, everyone knows Atlanta traffic is normally like a cool summer breeze against the cheek, so whatever...) but I believe we all know this incident is indicative of What Happens When You Move to a Big City in Yankee Land. Everyone knows what Yankee Cities are like--full of sinners sinning boldly by running down pedestrians and cussing all the time. I mean, HELLO, haven't you seen 8 Mile? I mean, I haven't, but I'm pretty sure it's about dangerous people in the city. And besides, I HAVE seen Adventures in Babysitting. I rest my case.

3 comments:

Jennrose2020 said...

LOL Adventures in Babysitting! FYI I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't know if I should reveal my identity after saying that or not. Oh darn, you already know who I am! Well, you know I'm as big a dork as you are. I love your posts. We belong together.

Jennrose2020 said...

Hush your mouth!!! You will do FINE FINE FINE on the GRE!!! You rock!!! How's the job search coming? I owe you a phone call/conversation soon enough. What are your plans for this weekend? I have absolutely none. I'm working/babysitting on Saturday night probably until about 8/9 (yay cash!) but other than that I'm not really doing much. Give me call later that night or Sunday. We need to gossip/catch up!!!!

Ayaz said...

Make the number of readers of your blog 6.

You guys write really well!

ShareThis