Saturday, December 13, 2008

A book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets...

Dear readers, are you, like me, kind of obsessed with used and antiquarian books? Do you find yourself displaying rather compulsive purchasing behaviors in their presence? If so, perhaps you might have fun with this click-through black hole: behold the Notes in the Margins Livejournal. Also, E, I wish you or SOMEONE could explain to me why previous owner markings and marginalia make books less valuable. I mean, I prefer my old books to look like they might have been IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS, you know? So, E, get back to me on that.

1 comment:

E said...

I'm thinking books in so-called pristine condition make their new owners feel better about themselves. as in, "see, no one else actually reads books either! other people just use them as home deco props too. I'm not alone, thank you sweet jesus!"

ShareThis